Nigeria’s foremost talk show host, Funmi Iyanda , host of Nigeria’s most popular and authoritative talk show NEW DAWN with Funmi once had a remarkable interview with Nollywood actress Shan George . You may hate Shan or love her, but you’ll definitely admire her struggle after you listen to her interview with Funmi Iyanda.
in Fumni Iyanda’s words:
“That interview was memorable and this caught me completely off guard. l had set out to talk about her broken marriages and ended up unearthing the story of a courageous search for self, education and love.”
here are some incredible facts about Shan George:
1. She lost her dad at age five
2. Shan grew up in the village where her mum – an auxiliary nurse – barely managed to pay her way through secondary school
3. Her desire to become an actress stemmed from watching TV through the window at the only house with a TV set in the village and desiring to be on TV too.
4. At 15 she was married off to a much older man on the promise that he’ll educate her- but she ended up being his punching bag for six years
5. She walked out of her first marriage at age 21 and lived on the streets before a kind lady took her in and got her educated
6. The happiest day of her life was when she got admitted into the University of Lagos – she was 29 years old.
7. she found ‘love’ and got married while in school but love turned sour when she got castigated for catching her second husband – a London based Nigerian – pants down!!